Garage Conversions : What to Consider
When planning garage conversions, it’s easy to feel bogged down by the details, but it doesn’t need to be that way. If you start your project with a solid plan, an actionable idea, and the right team by your side, the experience can be an enjoyable one that will increase the value of your home.
Let Apollo Improvements guide you through the things you need to consider when taking on your garage conversion project and give you some garage extension ideas.
Garage Extension Ideas & Considerations
There are many reasons why homeowners choose to convert and extend their garages, and there are numerous ways you can convert your garage to suit your needs.
Projects you can consider for your garage conversions include:
- Bathrooms – Deciding to section off your garage and build an extra bathroom for your home is always a value add. Not only can it increase your property value, but if you live in a family home and share one bathroom, an extra one would be a welcomed home improvement.
- Living Spaces – This kind of garage conversion can significantly increase the value of your home and can bring in an extra income if you convert your garage into a granny flat that you rent out. If you have the room for it, you can have a fully-functional living space built, complete with all the fixtures anyone could need to live comfortably.
- Bedrooms – As families grow, so does the need for extra bedrooms. Alternatively, you might need to build a guest bedroom for family visits.
Garage conversions considerations include:
- Heating and Cooling – Deciding between air conditioning or fireplaces and underfloor heating is something you’ll need to think about during the planning stages of your project. Apollo can help you make a decision with recommendations that suit your budget and your overall idea.
- Plumbing – Having a professional supply water to your newly converted garage is essential to creating a functional space. We can provide you with everything you need to build bathrooms that meet regulations and industry best practice.
- Ventilation – If you’re converting your garage into a living space, you’ll need to consider the air supply. Are you going to add windows or vents? Apollo Improvements will recommend the best course of action based on our many years of experience.
- Design and Architecture – One of the most important aspects to consider when converting your garage is having it tie into the design of the rest of your home. This is especially true if you’re building a bedroom or an extra bathroom. We’ll take everything into account from architectural style to the finishes and flooring options used.
- Cost – Many people believe that garage conversions have to cost an arm and a leg to complete. But when you do business with Apollo Improvements, we ensure to provide you with the most cost-effective service possible. Budget is one of the most important aspects to think about before committing to renovations, so think about what you want to achieve and price the products and services you use before you sign on the dotted line.
Call Us for Garage Conversions
Apollo Improvements takes care of everything for you when it comes to your garage conversions and other home improvement projects. We’ll get all the documents and legalities out of the way on your behalf, so you don’t have to worry about it.
Give us a call today for an obligation free quote and consultation.